It was the second arrest warrant the actor-host received on Monday; this one was issued by a Taguig court in connection with a non-bailable rape complaint brought by former model Deniece Cornejo.
Presiding Judge Loralie Cruz Datahan of Taguig Regional Trial Court Branch 69 issued the arrest warrant for the rape complaint.
According to the brief order, “NOT BAILABLE for RAPE under Article 266-A of the RPC (Revised Penal Code) as amended by RA 8353.”
Earlier that day, when an arrest warrant had been issued for acts of lasciviousness in a separate case brought by Cornejo, Navarro turned himself into the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
Bail in the amount of P36,000 was suggested by Branch 116 of the Taguig Metropolitan Trial Court about the aforementioned complaint.
Cornejo stated that Navarro sexually assaulted her on January 22, 2014, at her condominium unit, but she later stated that Navarro also sexually assaulted her on January 17, 2014.
After a Court of Appeals ruled in Cornejo’s favor, the DOJ was required to re-file her allegations against Navarro for rape and acts of lasciviousness after initially dismissing them owing to inconsistencies in her testimonies.
Vhong Navarro at the NBI expressing his frustration over his case, but says he will face the complaint head on. pic.twitter.com/Rpmp3WHsRN
— Niko Baua (@Nikobaua) September 19, 2022
On Monday, when he turned himself into the NBI, Navarro spoke to ABS-CBN News about his anger with the NBI’s reopening of old charges against him.
It’s the one that’s puzzling because we thought it had ended years ago. So we celebrated the fact that, after many years, here we are again, living happily ever after, and it seems I am the one who has come full circle. I, too, am a victim. He lamented, “It’s so hard to get anything done around here.
I’ve been keeping track of everything that’s happened since the beginning of 2014: I have nothing to hide; I’ve told you everything. The Lord knows this, for I have told him so. Now my heart is heavy because of that. What gives?
While Lee and Cornejo have been convicted for grave coercion over Navarro’s mauling, Navarro’s case against businessman Cedric Lee, Cornejo, and their companions for major illegal detention is still being tried in court.